The City of Pleasantville is currently accepting applications for a self-motivated individual for a Public Works position. There will be a post employment physical and drug screen. Starting salary is $20.06. Application deadline is June 7, 2017.
- Able to operate equipment including but not limited to dump trucks, loader/backhoe, skid loader, mower, snow removal equipment
- Operate and maintain water and wastewater treatment plants, distribution lines and storage facilities
- Operate and maintain city parks and buildings
- Able to do minor street maintenance and repair
- Able to be on call and work weekends on a rotating basis
- Applicants must possess or have the ability to obtain a grade 1 in water treatment distribution and wastewater within 1 year and a grade 2 in water treatment distribution and wastewater within 3 years
- Applicants will need a class B CDL with air brakes or be able to obtain one within 3 months
- Applicant must reside within 15 miles of Pleasantville within 6 months
The City of Pleasantville is an EOE
Please submit cover letter, resume and application with three professional references to
Pleasantville City Hall
108 W. Jackson St.
PO Box 566
Pleasantville, IA 50225